FHS Test Day

By: Abbie Myers

PSAT/NMSQT and SAT test day will be held on April 9, 2019. FHS students will be testing in various places, such as the high school’s big and small gymnasiums and the Oil Belt Christian Camp’s campus near the Charlie Brown park. Freshmen will test in the large gym, sophomores in the small gym, and juniors will be taking the SAT at Oil Belt. The students testing will be given short breaks for stretching and eating lunch.

According to Carol Todd, a teacher at FHS, various people, proctors, “are in charge of distributing test materials, reading instructions, and supervising the test,” with the assistance of monitors.

Testing scores are used for a number of reasons. “PSAT 10 scores are used by IECC for taking dual credit classes at FHS. The scores provide the staff with data to compare our students to other high school students in Illinois and across the country. These scores also help staff to make curriculum changes to help students better prepare for the tests. For the students, the SAT score can be used as a college entrance exam. The PSAT tests provides students information to help them better improve their scores for the SAT. These scores can be uploaded into Khan Academy which will then provide an independent study program for each student to improve his/her SAT scores,” says Ms. Todd.