Juniors/seniors to receive job shadow, college, or community service days

By Kaylee Scarbrough

Job shadow/college cays are a big deal for FHS juniors and seniors. The junior job shadow/college day is on April 14, and the seniors’ days are April 13 and 14. The juniors and seniors have to decide if they want to do a college day, job shadow, or community service hours for school. 

These days are counted as a full grade and if the juniors and seniors do not do one of these activities for each day you are assigned, they may receive multiple points and in-school suspensions, as the school has done in the past. If anyone needs help choosing someone to job shadow, here are some ideas:

• Elementary/Jr. High Teacher
  • Police Officers (ride alongs)
  • Restaurants
  • Factory Workers
  • Engineers
  • Cosmetologists

Any of these occupations will work to job shadow for the day or days of school the junior and senior students will “miss”during SATs. These classes need to make sure that they make plans for college days or job shadow opportunities. These students will also be given a paper to get signed by the person they are job shadowing or the college admissions officer to show proof that they were doing one of these choices on that day.

Service days will work as well if the student needs service hours. The students will choose a service opportunity to do during the school day. Furthermore, the guidance office will have opportunities available closer to time! They may use a normal community service sheet as proof of service as well.