Homecoming Under the Stars

By Kaylee Scarbrough

As everyone knows, the Homecoming dance has been kind of a big thing this year, considering it’s the first time since 2019 the high school is able to sponsor it. 

This year is also special because it is Mrs. Hamilton’s and Mrs. Bible’s last dance set-up of their teaching careers, since they’re retiring this year. Even though this dance is going to be different than anything they have done before, they are pumped! 

Homecoming 2021 is going to be on the lawn in front of the main office on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 7 – 10:30 p.m. 

Student Council members decided on making the theme “Under the Stars” since it’s going to be held outside for the first time in school history. 

Pictures will also be done differently this year. A photo booth provided by Venue 720 will be available starting at 9 p.m. Students will be able to create their own poses and have the photos sent directly to their phones.

Although coronation has always been one of the highlights of the dance, it is going to look a little different this year. Instead of being held at the dance, coronation will be at half-time of the Homecoming football game on Oct. 22. 

Homecoming dance tickets are on sale all week for $10 for a single and $20 for a couple. 

Even though things are going to be very different, Bible and Hamilton hope everyone stays positive and remembers to have a good time.