The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

sen walk movie
May 17, 2024

2019 Prom: A Night Under the Stars

By: Elaina Faye Miller

The dim haze falls over the dance floor like moonlight and illuminates the room in beautiful harmony. Friends link arms as they dance, shuffling with boyfriends, girlfriends, and best friends. The stars twinkle above them as they celebrate the one night they’ve been dreaming of since freshman year: prom.

Flora High School prom 2019, A Night Under the Stars, is set for April 27. The students who have been dreaming of this big night for years finally get to experience their first, or last, prom of their high school experience.

The navy blue and gold decorations will illuminate the starlight from above them, and create an under the stars effect.

Each ticket will be $15 a person and $30 per couple. Promenade line up begins at 5:30 p.m. and the dance starts at 7 p.m. then ends at 11 p.m. with Promenade beginning at 8 p.m. However, post-prom begins at 11 p.m. and ends at 3 a.m. at Oil Belt Christian Service Camp.

Both seniors and juniors have high expectations for the event. They’ve elaborated on their excitement with many wonderful remarks. “Something tells me it is going to be a night that I won’t forget… and I can’t wait to boogie!” Abbie Myers explains.

“If I do go, I expect that I am going to make a night full of many memories and be very happy around all of my friends,” Michel Foreman claims.

To honor all the seniors, Devon Green is creating a video to play in the gymnasium. This video contains senior photos, baby photos, and group photos of all the seniors who chose to participate. This final goodbye will be a lasting memory that seniors will take with them after their career at Flora High.