sen walk movie
May 17, 2024

FACS ‘dynamic duo’ plan for retirement

%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

By Riley Krustinger

Shari Hamilton and Jan Bible are now retiring after over a combined 64 years of teaching. The companions have decided to depart from teaching at the end of the 2021-2022 school year to pursue additional areas in life.

Throughout the years, Hamilton has worked since 16 and taught swimming lessons, has a wedding business, worked with nutrition at a nursing home, and has been teaching for 28 years.

Hamilton’s favorite parts about high school are sponsoring dances, going to concerts, teaching every day with her best friend Jan Bible, and watching students grow and develop over time.

Hamilton’s best advice is “ Find a job that you love and you’ll never work a day in your life, I think I found that here.” She seeks inspiration from her mom, who is 85 and still works to provide for her family.

Bible has been teaching for 36 years, done 77 dances, and loves having generation after generation come in to learn and grow into adults. During retirement, Bible wants to travel, be with grandkids and work more on her businesses.

Bible’s passion is teaching because she enjoys being with teens, loves having a flexible schedule, and loves being in Clay county with her family. Students are surprised to hear that Bible has a twin sister, she graduated here, and she walks five miles every day.

Bible offers the following piece of advice: “ Be kind whenever possible, It’s always possible.”

Bible’s and Hamilton’s FCCLA activities will be a responsibility taken over by new teachers in the FACS department. Their roles as Student Council sponsors will be assigned to other teachers in the building.