Club Fair attracts new members to FHS clubs

For the fifth year in a row, Student Council sponsored Club Fair, an opportunity for students to sign up for all their favorite clubs simultaneously. The event was held in the commons before school on Tuesday, Aug. 25 and Wednesday, Aug. 26. If you were not able to attend Club Fair, please see the sponsors of each club to find out if you can still join. Clubs participating in the event included Student Council ($2), Pep Club ($15), FCCLA ($10), FFA ($15), Business Club ($3), Spanish Club ($2), Drama Club ($5), Science Club ($5), and FCA ($2 for underclassmen, free for upperclassmen), and SADD (free). Student Council members plan Homecoming and conduct community service and fundraising projects, as well as assist in making decisions for the student body. Sponsors are Ms. Slover and Mrs. Kautz. Pep Club members receive a t-shirt with their dues. They will assist with decorating for athletic events and supporting our teams. Mr. Fox sponsors the group. FCCLA members sponsor Sweetheart, and are eligible for Sweetheart Court. They also participate in various social activities, including a concert trip. Mrs. Bible and Mrs. Hamilton are sponsors. Business Club conducts the annual Penny Drive to raise funds for Clay County Food Pantry, and sponsors other events to support the school. Ms. Westjohn sponsors the group. Spanish Club, sponsored by Senora Blackford, celebrates Hispanic culture through fiestas and attend a Spanish dance presentation. Drama Club hosts Improv Nights, the Blacklight Party, attends Drama Daze, and participates in Trick-or-Treat so Kids Can Eat. They also present the annual school musical. Mrs. Hudson and Mrs. Igert supervise the group. Science Club members participate in a Christmas charity, assist with Science Fair and take an end-of-the-year trip. Mrs. Massie sponsors. FCA, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, provides support for Christian athletes. Mrs. Fleener is the sponsor. SADD, Students Against Destructive Decisions, sponsors events and public service campaigns to educate students about the dangers of impaired driving and other dangerous activities. Mr. Leib is the contact person.