sen walk movie
May 17, 2024

Wolfgals look to build team camaraderie

By Alex Rodriguez

With three wins under their belts, the Wolfgals basketball team is heading into the rest of the season with plans to improve on their strengths. So far they have taken wins against South Central, Altamont, and vandalia. The team has also lost by slim margins to Fairfield, Effingham, and Newton. 

One thing that the Flora Wolfgals wanted to improve on this year is strengthening team bonding and bettering the connection between players. The team has two seniors this year, Alyssa Young and Allie Parker. Head Coach Fox says “the seniors bring leadership” and that “they encourage the younger athletes”. 

This makes sense because when asked what teams in the Black Diamond Conference were going to be competition, Parker said “I’m not really scared of anyone.”

This year the girls basketball team will be playing every team in the conference twice instead of having a tournament. Fox says that this will help them beat teams on the second go around. 

The coaching staff and girls are putting in hours of time into studying game film on Hudl to improve on their skills and prepare for rematches, making sure that past mistakes don’t happen again.