sen walk movie
May 17, 2024

Stanford competes at state indoor track meet

By Alex Rodriguez

Two-time Cross Country all-stater Isaac Stanford qualified and competed at the state meet for indoor track in Bloomington IL, March 20, 2022 for the 800- meter dash in front of thousands of spectators and runners.

Isaac qualified for indoor state in 2021 by finishing in the top 12 for 1A indoor track with a time of 2 minutes and 2 seconds: his final time at Bloomington in the 800m was 2 minutes flat. Stanford ran against 12 runners and ended up placing 3rd, receiving a bronze medal. 

If he could run the race again, Isaac says that looking back on it he could have very well gotten first place if he hadn’t clipped another runner’s shoe at the 500m mark of the race. He also said that he would have liked to start his kick earlier in the race around the 200 meters. 

When asked about the preparation that goes into a race like this, Isaac likes to put in mileage doing circuit training and races as workouts. On race day Stanford likes to carb up and hydrates as needed. 

As of right now Isaac is wanting to take his track career collegiately and is looking at schools such as Murray State, EIU, Western IL, Vincence, St. Francis, St. Mary’s, Louis University and more.