The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Wolfgals on five-game winning streak

Picasa

crimsonserve

By Inanna Weller
The Wolfgals are off to a tremendous start this year, with a current record of 5-0 for varsity and 4 and 1 for JV. The team started their winning streak facing the Louisville Cardinals Thursday, Sept. 4. The team knew that with the long time rivalry between the two towns the Wolfgals would have to bring their “A” game to show who is boss, and they did. The C team lost 23 to 25, and only played one game. The junior varsity won both games 25-20 and 25-23. Coach Jim Earleywine said Crimson Jones and Jessica Staley’s serves were flawless, so varsity was scoring off of serves during the first couple minutes of the beginning session; they scored seven on just their serves by the time the match ended. The Wolfgals demolished the Lady Cardinals 25-10. Their second session was a little more competitive, “The Lady Cardinals defense was like a wall,”says Fawn Sagen. The Lady Cardinals were down by 4 with the Wolfgals’ score at 10. The Wolfgals kicked it up and scored 25-13; the top servers were Crimson Jones, Bria Krutsinger, Jessica Staley, Taylor Allen, and Meredith O’Brien. The ‘Gals followed with varsity wins against Carmi-White County in three matches on Sept. 9, two matches against Marshall on Sept. 11, and Cumberland on Sept. 15. On Saturday, September 13, Flora hosted a Fresh/Soph. tournament. Having taken third place last year and first the two years prior, Flora hoped to regain their championship title. Unfortunately, they came up short, losing to Marshall and Olney. The Wolfgals face Robinson tonight, Sept. 18 and host a varsity tournament this Saturday, Sept. 20.