Mendoza enjoys American sports

By Keah Tanner and Haylee Jennings

From rugby to football, Brazilian Pedro Mendoza enjoys the thrill of contact sports. Mendoza is a seventeen-year-old senior exchange students who plans to attend college when he goes back to Sao Paulo.

As an FHS student, Mendoza participates in football. He is Flora’s kicker and one of our linemen.

Some of the differences between his home town and Flora are the drive times to and from activities. Mendoza stated that some of his hobbies are reading, dancing, playing Just Dance.

Another difference, Mendoza said “You have more TV channels,” he continued to explain that he has only three sports channels.

Mendoza is living with Ryan and Angie Scott while he is here. Mendoza says “There is a lot more noise at their house than mine.” He elaborated and said “They have more people in their house.” He only has a sister in his family, but in his host family there are 2 boys and 2 girls, not including Pedro.

For anyone interested in going to Mendoza’s country, Mendoza said “you should go to the beach and enjoy some time there; then you should go to some of the restaurants and try all of the food.”

Before Mendoza came to our country he was already acquainted with fellow exchange student Nathalia Rabelo and another exchange student who goes to Cisne school.