Members celebrate national FFA Week

By Carlie Wilson

Flora High School has participated in several activities this past week, Feb. 23-27, to celebrate the National Week. On Monday, the FFA members dressed up in shorts, boots, and their FFA t-shirt and the first year members of FFA dyed their hands green to represent that they are “green hands.” Tuesday the FFA members wore their official dress to school. Wednesday was crazy blue and gold day and the FFA hosted a petting zoo for all of the local elementary schools. On Thursday, the dress up day was “cowboy day,” and Mr. Keyser had a cookout during lunch for all of the FFA members. Friday was “dress like a farmer day,” and the members had a chance to drive their tractors to school.

This Sunday, there will be “FFA Church,” hosted at Mr. Keyser’s Church in Mr. Erie. If you are an FFA member and interested in going, meet at Clay City Casey’s on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and everyone will drive together as a group to the church. Several events will go on at church; if you are interested in speaking or participating, talk to Mr. Keyser or Garrett Williams as soon as possible.