The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Wolves play homecoming game Friday

By Emily Cox and Lauren Davis

This Friday the Flora Wolves will continue their fight for a position in the playoffs. The Wolves record of 4-2 is short 1 game for a possible spot in the playoffs. They will take on the Paris Tigers at home this Friday for the Homecoming game. The Paris Tigers are 1-5 and winning this game would put them one step closer to the playoffs.

It’s been 8 years since the Wolves have been to the play offs. The last play-off game the Wolves attended was in 2009. The Wolves being 6-2 in the conference, they were able to host the play-off here in Flora. Sadly, they lost to Central A&M in Moweaqua, Il but making it to the playoffs is a big accomplishment. If the wolves win 6 games this year they might have a chance to host our playoff game at Dancey Field.

The Wolves have had a good season this year, defeating the Richland County Tigers in a rivalry has been their biggest accomplishment of the year earning the shrine trophy. They’ve also beat Casey, Robinson, Lawrenceville and Olney.

The seniors are hopeful for the game Friday night. Senior Trevin Smith said “It should be a good game and we will hopefully get the win.”