Senior Sydney Cammon

By Summer Williams

Senior Sydney Cammon has been playing softball since she was three years old. After 14 years, all her hard work paid off. She had the honor of playing in a three-day tournament in Rotterdam on Jan.12-14, and she also visited Amsterdam to play in another tournament with her teammates.

She was chosen for this honor because the coach of this team saw her playing in a youtube video, and he called her dad.

Sydney prepared for this trip for months. The entire trip cost her $10,000 for her and her dad,who went with her to coach. She was able to raise money through sponsors and some of her family also donated.

While Sydney was gone she was also able to visit with the last year’s foreign exchange student, Finja Rehfeld.

She and her team finished in 6th place playing against women who were in the 2014 Olympics.

While Sydney was away she participated in some extra activities like visiting the Anne Frank House and touring Paris where a group of strangers sang the Happy Birthday song to her at the Eiffel Tower.

Sydney said that Amsterdam was a beautiful city, but she is glad to be home because the sun isn’t out very much there.