Donna Krutsinger FHS ’79

By: McKenzie Hower

Donna Krutsinger, a 1979 Flora graduate, is pursuing her lifelong dream of being a teacher at Flora High School.

Krutsinger was a very involved student in school; she participated in volleyball and softball. She loved her teammates and coaches because they shared so many memories and greatly supported each other.

Her favorite academic class was English. She knew since she was young that she wanted to be an English teacher because she loves books and wants students to enjoy them as much as she does.

She loved everything about high school, especially her teammates and the supportive coaches.

Although Krutsinger loved everything about FHS, she didn’t know that she would be teaching here later in life. Her first teaching job started at Stark County High School after she graduated college. She later moved back to Flora and bought Clay County Sports and Custom Threads and ran it for 25 years and taught through Frontier for 10 years at Flora.

She said the biggest change since she went to high school here would have to be the technology. There was no technology; the only technology they had were typewriters and film projectors.

During the interview, Mrs. Krutsinger said ¨Enjoy high school because you will make friends for life. You make some of your most memorable times with your teammates on your high school sports team.¨