Dr. Drake offers STEAM learning trip to San Francisco

Allison Dulaney
Education First, a self-proclaimed ‘world leader in international education’, is hosting a trip for Flora High School students in June of 2019 to San Francisco. This trip will be focused on the subjects in the S.T.E.A.M. fields of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics.
On the trip, students will be able to engage in guided sightseeing tours of Chinatown, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, Muir Woods, Exploratorium, Plug and Play Tech Center, Autodesk Gallery Workshop, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, California Academy of Sciences (Behind-the-Scenes tour and Planetarium show), and Fisherman’s Wharf.
Physical Science Teacher, David Drake, will organize and lead the Flora High School attendees. During a meeting regarding the trip, he shared his own experiences with Education First.
“I got to take a trip with my German class. It was my first time away from home for more than couple of days and definitely my first time out of country. It was an eye opening experience that not every high schooler gets the opportunity to participate in. It also helps with getting outside your comfort zone, while still being surrounded by friends and familiar faces. So many things that I had learned in school after were easier to comprehend and more fulfilling because of that experience..”
In the meeting, Drake also covered the limited number of slots available, prompting some attentive attendees to secure their spot that evening. As the years before the trip progress, Drake plans on hosting multiple fundraising events and opportunities to maximize the affordability of the trip.
The trip cost includes round-trip airfare, on-tour transportation, safe and quality hotel rooms, daily meals, full-time tour director, guided tours and activities, professional overnight security, travel gear, traveler support team, illness and accident coverage 24-hour emergency assistance, all gratuities covered, a donation page, and weShare, an online learning platform by Education First.
Any questions can be directed to Dr. David Drake by email at [email protected].