The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

sen walk movie
May 17, 2024

Seniors visit SIUE

By Cami Lusk

As students enter their senior year, they’re trying to figure out what they want to do after they finish high school. Ms. Todd gives them this opportunity by letting them go visit colleges. On Oct. 22, Ms. Todd took her English honors and Senior Seminar students to explore the SIUE  campus. 

These students went to SIUE to see the dorms, classrooms, cafeteria, and the rest of the campus. The students were able to ask any questions they wanted to know about SIUE from their tour guides and their college personnel. 

Students had different opinions about SIUE. Senior Natasha Stone thought the campus was beautiful and seemed like a fun learning environment. She added that SIUE will be at the top of her list when considering which school she’ll go to. 

Senior Tiarra Sharp also thought that SIUE was a beautiful campus and was very huge. The one thing she said was the cafeteria was great and wasn’t crowded like most college cafeterias.

Senior Kameron Huey said that they had a very big and beautiful campus. She was also very impressed with the dorms, food, and extracurriculars. They also had a bunch of cool clubs students could join and events that they had almost every day.Earlier in the month, juniors and seniors traveled to Vincennes University to tour their main campus and new agriculture and diesel mechanics facilities.