Flora golf team competes at conference

By Nicholas Freeman and Devin Pharris
Aven Kimmell, Landon Carter, and Drew Woodrow shooting season lows the fhs golf team took 3rd overall and Paris took 1st at the Little Illini Conference. On September 26, 2016, Flora met with six other teams at Oak Glenn Golf Course in Stoy, IL. These teams include Paris, Marshall, Lawrenceville, Olney, Robinson, Casey, and Flora.
Junior, Aven Kimmell, had the team low with 81, earning 3rd place overall. Tanner Reed of Paris, IL received 1st and Brenton Pettijohn of Marshall, IL took 2nd. For All-Conference honors Aven Kimmell and Drew Woodrow received 1st team while Landon Carder received 2nd team. Aven, Landon, and Drew shot season lows as well.
A total of 40 students participated in the tournament. Flora’s team consisted of Aven Kimmell, Drew Woodrow, Ryder Collins, Landon Carder, Trenton Brown, and Ty Warren. Before the boys played, they warmed up by putting and chipping.
Kimmell said that his most memorable moment was, “Making par on the last hole to maintain the lead with my group.”
Kimmell has hopes of advancing to regionals as well. Regionals will be held on October 4th, 2016 at Fox Prairie Golf Course in Windsor, IL.