The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Appleknocker held

The annual Appleknocker was held on September 24, 2016 at the Flora Elementary school. Which was sponsored by the Flora Academic Foundation. The high school entertainers included Flora High School band, the Flora Drill Team, and members of Das-zle and Power and Grace tumbling teams.

This year’s 5k run, 1 mile, and kid dash had 26 participants; high school student Danielle Stewart won first place in the 5k run. A new form of entertainment, the first annual Miss Apple Queen Pageant included students and FHS graduates Inanna Weller, Millennium Beland, Lily Burkett, Alyssa Moats, Tiffanae Litaker and Morgan Burmeister. Tiffanae Litaker won Miss Photogenic and Miss Apple Queen; Lily Burkett won first runner up; Millennium Beland won second runner up.

Again this year were booths from the high school and companies in the community, such as FCCLA’s apple dumplings, FFA snack stand, and Drama Club’s soda Ring Toss. The event also had a new booth from Flora High School, Ms. Krutsinger’s new Book Club. This booth gave new books to children of all ages and provided the children with snacks the students read to several children. Over 171 children that stopped at the booth and received books; members of the Book Club also read to many children at their booth.