The Student News Site of Flora High School

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Flora High School Howler

Appleknocker 2018

By: Emma Taylor
On Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018, the Appleknocker festival will be held at the Flora Elementary School on Emory Street.
Starting off the day is pre-registration for the 5k and one mile run from 7-8:15 a.m. at the track. At 8:15, the 8th annual Appleknocker 100-yard dash begins at the track. At 8:30, the 8th annual Appleknocker 5k and One-mile run will begin, then the track closes at 9:45 a.m. Appleknocker’s run/dash awards presentation starts at 9:45 for all participants.
Makenzie Lindholm and Kayla Closson, of the National Champions Shooting Stars Drill Team, present the colors and the National Anthem to follow at 9:30 am. At the east side of the stage, the FHS Band plays at 10:00 a.m.
On the grounds, the Kahok Dancers perform at 10:15, 11:15, 12:15, and 1:15. In front of the stage, Power and Grace Tumbling performs from 10:40 to 11:20 a.m.
Humorist, Juggler, and Magician, Troy Roark, will perform at 10:00 and 1:00 inside, and at 11:30-12:15 on the stage.
Richard Garey, Mark Twain “himself,” will perform at 10:45 inside-freelance and 12:20-1:00 on the stage. At 1:10-2:10, Break-Away will perform on the stage, and then at 2:20-3:00 Das-Zle Dance and Tumble will perform.
Festival Balloon Twister, Stilt Walker/Mime, One Man Band, lots of food, and fun games for the kids will all be on the grounds during the festival.
FHS clubs and groups will have booths with fun activities for the many kids walking around the festival. The FHS Student Council will be setting up for the festival. FHS Cheerleaders will count tickets. Science Club will be helping kids make potions, containing water, glue, glitter, and food coloring. Drama Club will have a Dippin’ Dots food booth and also a soda bottle ring toss. FCCLA will be making 500 apple dumplings for everyone to buy. Book Club/Business Club will let kids choose a children’s book, make a bookmark, and they will also be selling adult books as a fundraiser. NHS will be doing a fingerprint station, and FFA will have their pork burger and lemonade stand.